Minutes of the Annual Meeting of GMWS May 18, 2015
Meeting was held at the home of Bruce & Donna Epstein on Monday May 18 in Waterbury, VT. Present were Bruce & Donna Epstein, Darlene McCormick, Suzi Pike, Justin Campfield, Mike Nelson, Jamie Carroll, Halle Davis, John Witmer, Dean Hamel, Rebecca Hamel, Bob & Val Smith. The meeting was called to order by Bruce Epstein (President) at 6:30 p.m.
Minutes from the 2014 meeting held on May 10, 2014 (unapproved) were available to review on line. Motion to approve passed. Minutes of the 2014 special meeting in August to modify bi-laws were reviewed and accepted.
2014-15 Treasurer’s Report
The Treasurer’s report was reviewed and accepted. It is available to review on line. Currently we have approximately $1,908.72 balance.
Dues – It was motioned and approved that dues for membership remain $10 for individuals and $15 for families.
The GMWS new website launched last year was discussed. It is based on the WordPress system and allows any member to create an account and make postings. All members are encouraged to create an account as this is becoming our future method of communication.
Election of Officers
A motion was made and accepted to re-elect the following slate of officers:
President- Bruce Epstein
Vice President- Justin Campfield
Treasurer- Darlene McCormick
Secretary- Donna Epstein
Director, Special Events- Mike Nelson
Director, Membership Chair- Joe Bourgeois
Director at Large- Suzi Pike
Membership status: Currently new or existing members can sign up on line for recurring membership through PayPal, or pay yearly dues by check or cash.
Equipment Rentals: We reviewed that the assets of GMWS are available for rent to club members at $50/use each, i.e. tent, generator, PA system.
GMWS stickers/decals: Justin Campfield presented logo 5″ by 2.75″. Logo was approved and the club agreed to pay for a one-time order of 100 stickers. We will make them available to our members and skiers who register for our club tournament at no cost.
Ski Clinics/tournaments with t-shirt status:
- The club will host its yearly slalom tournament at Wrightsville Reservoir August 29, 2015. The Wrightsville beach manager has agreed to a $300 fee to allow us use of the facilities plus the entrance fee collected at the gate. We agreed to notify our participants of entrance fee. We also discussed the possibility of searching for other host sites, if needed, in the future.
- Fred Costello has agreed to fund t-shirts again this year.
- Justin Campfield has agreed to put up snow fencing at ledge outcrop again this year. Darlene and John Witmer agreed to help.
- Bruce Epstein will handle sanctioning both Waterbury and Wrightsville Reservoirs as practice sites through AWSA.
- Bruce will contact Jamie Beauchesne to host another ski clinic this year. It was left open as to how much funding the club will subsidize.
The Alan Rossi award was presented in September to Mike Tilton. GMWS, other N.E. ski clubs, and individual donors currently contribute to the Alan Rossi Fund.
Status of ski sites was discussed. Waterbury Reservoir has one course in and will have 2nd one installed soon, Lake Iroquois within next week. Wrightsville is installed. Status of Marshfield not known.
Lake Iroquois Petition
A petition on Lake Iroquois was filed Apr. 28, 2015. The proposal would alter the existing rules for the use of Lake Iroquois as follows: “The Operation of vessels powered by internal combustion engines exceeding 25 horsepower is prohibited, with the exception of those vessels that were duly registered in the State of Vermont 2014 in the name of an individual who also owned lakefront property on Lake Iroquois in 2014 and only so long as such individual continuously maintains both the registration on the excepted vessel in Vermont and ownership of lakefront property on Lake Iroquois.” Jamie Carroll discussed the concerns about the future use of Lake Iroquois. Bruce Epstein and Jamie Carroll will develop a plan to protect skier rights.
Meeting was adjourned at 8:41 p.m.