Minutes 2014 (Approved)

Minutes of the the Annual Meeting of GMWS May 10, 2014

Meeting was held at the home of Bruce & Donna Epstein on Saturday May 10 in Waterbury, VT. Present were Bruce & Donna Epstein, Darlene McCormick, Justin Campfield, Pam Johnson, Jamie Milne, John Witmer, Suzi Pike. The meeting was called to order by Bruce Epstein (President) at 6:50 p.m.

2013 Minutes
Minutes from the 2013 meeting held on May 18, 2013 (unapproved) were available to review on line. Motion to approve passed.

2013 Treasurer’s Report
The Treasurer’s report was reviewed and accepted. It can be reviewed online. Currently we have approximately $2,401, a decrease of about $728 from 2013 balance. The three primary factors contributing to reduction in funds were 1) fine for an overlooked trailer registration which is now current, 2) purchase of a generator and PA system, and 3) subsidy of clinic. Membership revenues continue to be good and the tournament made a small amount of money.

Old Business

Dues- It was motioned and approved that dues for membership remain $10 for individuals and $15 for families.

Election of Officers
A motion was made and accepted to re-elect the following slate of officers:
President- Bruce Epstein
Vice President- Justin Campfield
Treasurer- Darlene McCormick
Secretary- Donna Epstein
Director, Special Events- Mike Nelson
Director at Large- Suzi Pike
Director, Membership Chair- Joe Bourgeois

New Business

Transition to new website/communications: GMWS has launched a new website based on the WordPress system that allows any member to create an account and make postings. All members are requested to create an account, as this will become our future method of communication with you. Darlene and Joe will follow-up on this.

Membership Status
Discussion was held concerning membership status. Currently a member can sign up online for recurring membership through PayPal, or pay yearly dues by check or cash. PayPal memberships are on a rolling calendar based on when the member made payment creating some confusion for some members as to whether they are current.

GMWS By-laws
We have made some proposed changes to our by-laws which can be reviewed here, http://greenmountainwaterskiers.com/by-laws-proposed/. A motion was made and approved to hold a short, special meeting at our tournament Aug. 23, 2014 to vote on the by-law changes.

Equipment Rentals
It was discussed, moved and approved that the assets of GMWS are for rent to club members for $50/use each, i.e. tent, generator, PA system which the club purchased last winter.

Ski Clinics/tournaments with t-shirt status

  • The club will host its yearly slalom tournament at Wrightsville Resevoir Aug. 23, 2014.
  • Fred Costello has agreed to fund t-shirts again this year. Some discussion was held about future plan when Fred’s funding is no longer available. Skiers present said they would not want to pay a higher entry fee for the purpose of receiving a t-shirt. Club will evaluate ability to subsidize.
  • Darlene reminded that Wrightsville Beach manager indicated they wanted a higher fee. Bill Bruzzese to advise.
  • Justin Campfield volunteered to check into possibility of putting up snow fencing at ledge outcropping.
  • Darlene explained plan to keep efficient flow of skiers and schedule by having drivers pick up next skier within wait timer cycle.
  • Bruce Epstein volunteered to check into sanctioning Waterbury Reservoir as a possible practice site.
  • He also agreed to contact Jamie Beauchesne about hosting another clinic this year. Some discussion was held concerning the availability of Jr. Development funds for our clinic. Darlene will check the schedule for Jr. Development clinics being offered this summer in our Eastern Region.
  • Status of ski sites was also discussed. Wrightsviile slalom course was installed 5/14/2014, Waterbury courses over the next 1-2 wks, Iroquis, probably next week, not sure about Marshfield.

GMWS Stickers/Decals
Justin Campfield presented a potential GMWS logo. Uses could include bumper stickers, t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. He will investigate cost to print. Darlene requested adapted version for website logo. Joe Bourgeois indicated in advance by email his interest in providing decals or similar to members who send in their dues, and would take care of mailings if addresses are provided to him.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:21 p.m.