October 29, 2010
On Friday, October 29 a meeting of the Green Mountain Water Skiers was held at the home of Bruce and Donna Epstein. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the 2010 Tom Costello/Alan Rossi Slalom Derby and plan for the 2011 tournament.
In attendance were Bruce and Donna Epstein, Suzi Pike, Darlene McCormick, John Witmer, and Joe Bourgeois. Pizza was provided for attendees and paid for by the club.
Meeting was called to order at 6:15 PM.
Many pluses for the tournament:
- Great site/location.
- Having Jamie Beauchesne and Chris Rossi participate was a big plus.
- Weather/conditions were great.
- Attendance was great.
- News coverage was nice.
Areas of concern were as follows:
- 37 entries in tournament vs. cutoff of 30 in the past.
- Due to number of entries, fog and special run-off, day finished very late.
- Fun Class — drivers and participants did not fully understand their mulligan.
- Need changes for 2011.
Suggested changes for the 2011 tournament were as follows:
- Two Day Tournament (Fun Class Day 1, Sanctioned Day 2 if Fri/Sat, or vice versa if Sat/Sun)
- Two Day Tournament mixed fun/sanctioned with 40-45 skiers.
- One Day Tournament with two rounds. (40-45 skiers)
- One Day Tournament with three rounds. (30 skier max)
Considerable discussion was had weighing the pluses, and minuses, of each of the suggested changes for the 2011 tournament. Bruce reminded of the importance of continuing to offer Fun Class in memory of Tommy. Fun class participants appreciated the format of being included with Class C. Final vote was as follows:
One Day, 3 round tournament, limited to first 30 entries.
If 45 entries are received, consider expanding to two days and write sanction to allow this.
Entrance Fees: $45.00
$30.00 for invited (needed) Officials, Juniors, and Fun Class
Primary Officials: Free
August 1, Cutoff date for invited officials to get $30 entry signing up for tournament.
Fun Class Skiers receive a mulligan on their first round only.
Presentations to take place at end of second round â€“ unless schedule changes due to unforeseen circumstances (weather, injury, etc.)
Maintain 7:30 starting time in hopes of starting at 8:00.
Motion was made and approved to adjourn meeting at approximately 9:00 PM.